As disease-infected mosquitoes expand their range, these bugs rise higher on the “menace to human health” list. What makes mosquitoes such perfect agents for disease transfer? Is global warming a factor? How is modern technology being harnessed in the war against skeeters?
Find the article:
- What are mosquito larvae? Where do they live?
- How and when do mosquitoes transmit diseases during their life cycle?
- Why do mosquitoes bite some folks more than others?
- How is global warming expected to intensify disease transmission by mosquitoes?
- What events and situations halted progress towards the world-wide eradication of malaria? Is malaria eradication feasible now?
- What other insects transmit diseases?
- In evolutionary terms, do mosquitoes benefit from carrying disease?