- A believer in or practitioner of a system of pseudoscientific thought that held that "base" metals like lead could be changed, or "transmuted," into gold.
- Related to the intestinal tract.
- Glial cells
- Cells that provide little-understood support services to neurons (nerve cells).
- A body chemical involved in signaling for immune and allergic reactions.
- An animal lacking a spinal column.
- Kinetic energy
- The energy of motion, found in a moving object.
- An early form of hypnotism.
- Potential energy
- Energy that is available but not being used; can be chemical, kinetic, or in another form.
- Animals with a backbone (spine).
(Glossary | Bibliography)